Quaker Valley Middle school project remains under budget, officials say
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 9:30 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Change orders and overall costs for the construction project at Quaker Valley Middle School remain under budget as a targeted completion date is less than two months away, officials say.
In September, board members approved about $280,000 in change orders stemming mostly from the summer months, board member David Pusateri said.
Among the cost additions was an $82,730 approval to install a sanitary line under the field at the Graham Street building in Sewickley, Pusateri said.
Since the project began, board members have approved $649,000 in change orders, Pusateri said — roughly 88 percent of the $730,000 contingency fund.
The project remains under budget, Pusateri said.
Construction on the $26.5 million project began in July 2011 and is expected to be completed by Nov. 30.
Administrators are planning for a Jan. 7 opening with staff members moving into the building during winter break, Superintendent Joseph Clapper said.
Included in the construction project are renovations to classrooms, the cafeteria, gym and wellness center. A new auditorium and enhanced music and art space also are part of the project.
Since September 2011, seventh- and eighth-grade students have attended class at Anthony Wayne Elementary School in Ambridge. Sixth-graders are at Osborne Elementary School.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at Brackenridge crime scene
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.