Quaker Valley Middle school project remains under budget, officials say
Change orders and overall costs for the construction project at Quaker Valley Middle School remain under budget as a targeted completion date is less than two months away, officials say.
In September, board members approved about $280,000 in change orders stemming mostly from the summer months, board member David Pusateri said.
Among the cost additions was an $82,730 approval to install a sanitary line under the field at the Graham Street building in Sewickley, Pusateri said.
Since the project began, board members have approved $649,000 in change orders, Pusateri said — roughly 88 percent of the $730,000 contingency fund.
The project remains under budget, Pusateri said.
Construction on the $26.5 million project began in July 2011 and is expected to be completed by Nov. 30.
Administrators are planning for a Jan. 7 opening with staff members moving into the building during winter break, Superintendent Joseph Clapper said.
Included in the construction project are renovations to classrooms, the cafeteria, gym and wellness center. A new auditorium and enhanced music and art space also are part of the project.
Since September 2011, seventh- and eighth-grade students have attended class at Anthony Wayne Elementary School in Ambridge. Sixth-graders are at Osborne Elementary School.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates claim Ishikawa off waivers, Marte injured
- Initials carved into pig in Georges Township
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- Murrysville home damaged in blaze
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- How to improve the life of an overweight cat, dog
- Off to Market
- South Fayette, Chartiers Valley schools lead security trend
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- Missing man found in Garfield
- Ligonier’s Sunday Evening Summer Band Concert