Moon, Quaker Valley could form wrestling co-op
Quaker Valley student-athletes interested in wrestling could have an opportunity to do so this season.
Moon Area school board members last week approved a cooperative agreement that would allow Quaker Valley wrestlers to join its program.
The agreement isn't a done deal yet.
Quaker Valley school board members will discuss and consider the co-op at meetings this month, district spokeswoman Tina Vojtko said.
If approved, the agreement would include the upcoming wrestling season and 2013-14. Moon competes in Class AAA Section 4A.
Wrestling could be the third co-op agreement for Quaker Valley, which has agreements for swimming and diving with Sewickley Academy and last year approved a football agreement with Cornell that began this season.
The WPIAL website lists eight of the 86 participating schools as having a co-op agreement for wrestling, including Avonworth and Hopewell.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Underclassmen standouts help Sewickley Academy
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Trib Cup: Baldwin girls basketball team stands by motto
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Overhaul of military benefit programs sought
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency