Moon, Quaker Valley could form wrestling co-op
Quaker Valley student-athletes interested in wrestling could have an opportunity to do so this season.
Moon Area school board members last week approved a cooperative agreement that would allow Quaker Valley wrestlers to join its program.
The agreement isn't a done deal yet.
Quaker Valley school board members will discuss and consider the co-op at meetings this month, district spokeswoman Tina Vojtko said.
If approved, the agreement would include the upcoming wrestling season and 2013-14. Moon competes in Class AAA Section 4A.
Wrestling could be the third co-op agreement for Quaker Valley, which has agreements for swimming and diving with Sewickley Academy and last year approved a football agreement with Cornell that began this season.
The WPIAL website lists eight of the 86 participating schools as having a co-op agreement for wrestling, including Avonworth and Hopewell.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- S&P 500 logs 47th record high close for year
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Pedestrian dies in North Side accident, authorities say
- In ‘StockCity,’ real investing like game
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- James Taylor coming to Consol on Nov. 29
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Pittsburgh Symphony performance gives new meaning to ‘comedy classic(al)’