Moon, Quaker Valley could form wrestling co-op
Quaker Valley student-athletes interested in wrestling could have an opportunity to do so this season.
Moon Area school board members last week approved a cooperative agreement that would allow Quaker Valley wrestlers to join its program.
The agreement isn't a done deal yet.
Quaker Valley school board members will discuss and consider the co-op at meetings this month, district spokeswoman Tina Vojtko said.
If approved, the agreement would include the upcoming wrestling season and 2013-14. Moon competes in Class AAA Section 4A.
Wrestling could be the third co-op agreement for Quaker Valley, which has agreements for swimming and diving with Sewickley Academy and last year approved a football agreement with Cornell that began this season.
The WPIAL website lists eight of the 86 participating schools as having a co-op agreement for wrestling, including Avonworth and Hopewell.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense