Moon, Quaker Valley could form wrestling co-op
Quaker Valley student-athletes interested in wrestling could have an opportunity to do so this season.
Moon Area school board members last week approved a cooperative agreement that would allow Quaker Valley wrestlers to join its program.
The agreement isn't a done deal yet.
Quaker Valley school board members will discuss and consider the co-op at meetings this month, district spokeswoman Tina Vojtko said.
If approved, the agreement would include the upcoming wrestling season and 2013-14. Moon competes in Class AAA Section 4A.
Wrestling could be the third co-op agreement for Quaker Valley, which has agreements for swimming and diving with Sewickley Academy and last year approved a football agreement with Cornell that began this season.
The WPIAL website lists eight of the 86 participating schools as having a co-op agreement for wrestling, including Avonworth and Hopewell.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Latrobe baseball routs Connellsville to move closer to WPIAL playoff berth
- 2 men hospitalized in seperate shootings in Pittsburgh
- Arnold, New Kensington drug busts net 2 arrests, heroin, cocaine, cash
- Leechburg softball wins, ties WPIAL record with 29th consecutive playoff berth
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Monessen buys four heavy duty trucks
- Hammel, Cubs shut down Pirates, snapping 5-game winning streak
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- BVA stadium upgrades OK’d
- New Kensington-Arnold to revisit superintendent’s fate