Single-lane closure in each direction planned on Route 65 for much of Saturday
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 2:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 18, 2012
Be prepared to “zipper” Saturday on Route 65, PennDOT spokesman Jim Struzzi said.
More roadwork is planned for 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 13 on Route 65 from Sewickley to the Beaver County line, Struzzi said.
One lane in each direction will be closed, he said. Work is weather permitting.
“Motorists should expect delays and allow extra time when traveling through the area,” Struzzi said. “The effectiveness of traffic flow in highway work zones is highly dependent on driver behavior.”
PennDOT's “zipper” method asks drivers to use all lanes to merge, which will reduce congestion and delays, Struzzi said.
The overall $5.1 million, 4.5-mile project on Route 65 includes milling and resurfacing, drainage, guide rail, signals, and other improvements in Emsworth, Sewickley, Edgeworth, Leetsdale and Ambridge, Struzzi said.
Overall work will finish in the spring, Struzzi said.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Crews dig through night after Oklahoma twister kills at least 51
- L.A. picks new mayor after low-drama campaign
- More tornadoes in forecast for central U.S. Tuesday
- Nemacolin casino offers way to skirt entrance fee
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.