Portion of Fern Hollow Road closed, detour posted
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 1:23 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
A section of Fern Hollow Road in Sewickley Hills closed yesterday to traffic, PennDOT spokesman Jim Struzzi said.
It is expected to remain closed through December as crews work to repair a section of the roadway following a landslide that happened more than a year ago, Struzzi said.
The road will remain open to local traffic only.
More than 1,000 vehicles use the roadway on an average day, Struzzi said.
A detour is posted for motorists: From the south, motorists are advised to take Sewickley Creek Road west, turn right on Beaver Road in Leetsdale, travel west on Beaver Street, make a right on Main Street, turn right onto Ambridge Avenue, continue north as Ambridge Avenue becomes Big Sewickley Creek Road, bear right on Hitzell Hill Road and make a left onto Camp Meeting Road to reach Fern Hollow Road. From the north, the directions should be followed in the opposite direction.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Jack Wagner concedes to Pittsburgh mayoral challenger Bill Peduto
- Snider’s grand slam lifts Pirates over Cubs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- NHL Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Storm won’t pack as big of a punch in W.Pa.
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.