Several charges against Leetsdale restaurant owner withdrawn
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Several charges were withdrawn against the owner of Azul Bar y Cantina in Leetsdale who is accused of assaulting a former restaurant employee.
Angus Peterkin, 55, of Leet Township had two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of false reports and recklessly endangering another person withdrawn Oct. 30 by Leetsdale District Judge Robert Ford. Peterkin still faces one count of simple assault.
The restaurant owner is accused of punching Richard Grabowski in the head and jaw on Sept. 13, according to police records.
Police said Peterkin is also accused of grabbing at Grabowski's neck.
Grabowski was fired the night earlier, but returned to the restaurant to leave a phone number for a former co-worker, according to documents.
Peterkin accused Grabowski of slashing his tires and breaking into his garage, according to records.
Peterkin denied punching Grabowski, according to police reports.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
- Pay station problems still plague Sewickley lots
- Sewickley Council OKs proposal for ‘pink house’
- Photos: Volunteers ‘redd up’ river bank around Sewickley
- Ohio River Sweep events set for Sewickley area
- Allegheny Land Trust to fundraise for Sewickley Hills land acquisition
- Life coach added to Sewickley Samaritan Counseling Center staff
- Sewickley library exhibit celebrates the child inside grown men
- Sewickley area students offered advice on coping with challenges of college
- Sewickley resident files appeal of zoning board’s decision on property
- Sewickley man’s Pittsburgh traffic angst goes viral
- Editor’s Notebook: Finding a perfect match for friend could help save his life
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.