Several charges against Leetsdale restaurant owner withdrawn
Several charges were withdrawn against the owner of Azul Bar y Cantina in Leetsdale who is accused of assaulting a former restaurant employee.
Angus Peterkin, 55, of Leet Township had two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of false reports and recklessly endangering another person withdrawn Oct. 30 by Leetsdale District Judge Robert Ford. Peterkin still faces one count of simple assault.
The restaurant owner is accused of punching Richard Grabowski in the head and jaw on Sept. 13, according to police records.
Police said Peterkin is also accused of grabbing at Grabowski's neck.
Grabowski was fired the night earlier, but returned to the restaurant to leave a phone number for a former co-worker, according to documents.
Peterkin accused Grabowski of slashing his tires and breaking into his garage, according to records.
Peterkin denied punching Grabowski, according to police reports.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount