Sewickley Public Library a busy place this month
The Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St., is offering a variety of programs this month for children, teens and adults.
Registration, unless otherwise noted, is available by calling 412-741-6920.
• Use candy canes to make art during a family program from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Snuggle with and read to certified therapy dogs from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday during a program for children ages 4 to 10 with an adult. Register for a 15-minute time slot.
• A Sahaja meditation session will take place from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday. No registration is required.
• Have you ever wanted to keep a diary, write in a daily journal, or record your family's story, but didn't know where to start? Jeanne Zell will be facilitating a “Write Now!” program from 10:30 a.m. to noon Friday, when suggestions will be offered on how to get started and keep writing. No registration is required.
• Northern Area Multi-Service Center Information and assistance apecialist Christine Colucci will be at the library today, Thursday, from 10 a.m. to noon to answer questions about services available to seniors in Allegheny County. No registration is required.
• The library will be showing “The Odd Life of Timothy Green” at 2 p.m. Friday. No registration is required.
• The “Doctor Who” discussion group will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. The group meets each month to watch an episode of the show and then discuss it.
• Stop by the library to play a game of “Scrabble” from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday. No registration is required.
Teen programs for grades 6 to 12
• A weekly crafting program will continue from 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday. There will be a specific project each week, but participants are welcome to create their own crafts with the provided supplies. No registration is required.
• A Glitter ‘n' Glow workshop will be held today, Thursday, from 6 to 7 p.m. Participants should take an item to glitterize.
• Anime Club will meet from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday. Snacks will be provided. No registration is required.