Port Authority announces temporary stop changes in Glen Osborne
If you use Port Authority's route 14 line through Sewickley and Glen Osborne, take note: some stops temporarily have been discontinued and others added due to the closure of a portion of Beaver Road in Glen Osborne.
These changes are expected to remain in effect through Sunday, Dec. 23, on weekday and weekend service, according to an alert issued by the transit agency.
The closure is part of a $4.5 million Glen Osborne Interconnect Project, replacing water, gas and sewer lines.
Beaver Road closed Nov. 28 to all traffic from Sycamore Road to its intersection with River Road and Route 65.
A sign near Beaver and Chestnut streets in Sewickley warns drivers of the closure. Chestnut Street in Sewickley is the only road with a traffic light heading southbound on Route 65, allowing drivers to turn left onto the state highway, before the River Road intersection in Glen Osborne.
“Due to the lack of available streets intersecting between (Route 65) and Beaver (Road), buses must begin or end detours as far back as Boundary Street on the inbound (route), and McKown Street on the outbound (route),” a Port Authority release said.
On Thursday, some Port Authority drivers on inbound routes were using Chestnut Street in Sewickley, bypassing several stops before the agency's posted detour.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Heights couple named Good Samaritans
- Koch: Even a tropical paradise is painted with black and gold
- Quaker Valley school pictures to be taken by teacher
- Quaker Valley could consider changes to volunteer program
- Growing third-grade class sizes a concern at Quaker Valley
- Luncheons serve more than patrons at Sewickley’s Christy House
- Sewickley Academy student, family work with leprosy patients
- Sewickley tackles same issues as other small towns
- Reporter want ad: Seeking Sewickley-area pumpkin carvers
- Lane: Confessions of a professional organizer