Sewickley Light Up Night events, closures, detours posted
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Friday, November 30, 2012, 2:38 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
More than 90,000 lights will sparkle around Sewickley Friday night as the town gets set to ring in the holiday season with its annual Light Up Night event.
Leading up to the 4 p.m. start, the town's two main roads — Beaver and Broad streets — closed in the central business district around noon.
Around 2:30 p.m., several vehicles still were parked along meters in areas where signs indicated no parking was permitted.
The following is a breakdown of information for tonight's event.
Post your photos to Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #iloveSEW.
Upload your photos to our Facebook page by clicking here .
Music will kickoff festivities at 4 p.m. at two stages — one on Broad Street near Thorn Street and another on Beaver Street near Chestnut Street.
The town will be lit between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Lighting ceremony will include fireworks.
Events also are happening at several Sewickley churches and at many organizations and businesses in town. For additional event information, click here .
Roads listed below will reopen following the cleanup of Light Up Night. Closures affect Port Authority buses and Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital patients.
• Beaver Street from Chestnut Street to Walnut Street
• Broad Street from Thorn Street to Centennial Avenue
• Division Street from Broad Street to Locust Place
Roads in the business district are closed.
Beaver Street (southbound)
• From Beaver Street, turn right onto Walnut Street
• Turn left onto Thorn Street
• Turn left onto Chestnut Street
• Turn right onto Beaver Street
Beaver Street (northbound)
• From Beaver Street, turn left onto Chestnut Street
• Turn right onto Thorn Street
• Turn right onto Chestnut Street
• Turn left onto Beaver Street
Detours are posted for those seeking the Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital.
Free parking is available at the following locations:
• Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital, 720 Blackburn Road
• Division Street municipal lot, between School Street and Division Street
• Green Street lot, near Walnut Street
• Many Sewickley side streets allow for non-resident parking
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
- Photos: Volunteers ‘redd up’ river bank around Sewickley
- Pay station problems still plague Sewickley lots
- Life coach added to Sewickley Samaritan Counseling Center staff
- Sewickley Montessori students see what’s in store for them in Costa Rica
- Sewickley YMCA, Center for Hope team up for summer camp in Ambridge
- Sewickley library among northern libraries hosting How-to Festival
- Photos: Sewickley Academy graduates Class of 2013
- Sewickley dad takes family changes in stride
- Allegheny Land Trust to fundraise for Sewickley Hills land acquisition
- Quaker Valley officials say ‘non-credible’ threat made online
- Sewickley Council OKs proposal for ‘pink house’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.