Sewickley Light Up Night events, closures, detours posted
By Bobby Cherry
Published: Friday, Nov. 30, 2012, 2:38 p.m.
More than 90,000 lights will sparkle around Sewickley Friday night as the town gets set to ring in the holiday season with its annual Light Up Night event.
Leading up to the 4 p.m. start, the town's two main roads — Beaver and Broad streets — closed in the central business district around noon.
Around 2:30 p.m., several vehicles still were parked along meters in areas where signs indicated no parking was permitted.
The following is a breakdown of information for tonight's event.
Post your photos to Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #iloveSEW.
Upload your photos to our Facebook page by clicking here .
Music will kickoff festivities at 4 p.m. at two stages — one on Broad Street near Thorn Street and another on Beaver Street near Chestnut Street.
The town will be lit between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Lighting ceremony will include fireworks.
Events also are happening at several Sewickley churches and at many organizations and businesses in town. For additional event information, click here .
Roads listed below will reopen following the cleanup of Light Up Night. Closures affect Port Authority buses and Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital patients.
• Beaver Street from Chestnut Street to Walnut Street
• Broad Street from Thorn Street to Centennial Avenue
• Division Street from Broad Street to Locust Place
Roads in the business district are closed.
Beaver Street (southbound)
• From Beaver Street, turn right onto Walnut Street
• Turn left onto Thorn Street
• Turn left onto Chestnut Street
• Turn right onto Beaver Street
Beaver Street (northbound)
• From Beaver Street, turn left onto Chestnut Street
• Turn right onto Thorn Street
• Turn right onto Chestnut Street
• Turn left onto Beaver Street
Detours are posted for those seeking the Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital.
Free parking is available at the following locations:
• Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital, 720 Blackburn Road
• Division Street municipal lot, between School Street and Division Street
• Green Street lot, near Walnut Street
• Many Sewickley side streets allow for non-resident parking
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Wintry weather didn’t stop Sewickley Light Up Night
- Sewickley Light Up Night planned Friday: Events, detours, parking, more
- Sewickley’s St. Paul Lutheran Church feeds homeless men — in body and spirit
- Just Write: When it comes to gift-giving, maybe the Grinch had it right
- No hiding holiday spirit: Western Pa. homeowners light up the holidays
- Moon couple discover new togetherness through ballroom dancing
- Sewickley garden club members top trays with cheer
- Union Aid gift-card drive could help hundreds
- Sewickley area dancers take stage in Pittsburgh Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’
- Gas lines added to work planned in Edgeworth
- Edgeworth solar controls could protect emergency responders