Sewickley girl runs from unknown man
Sewickley police were dispatched to the 700 block of Washington Street for a report of a female juvenile who was chased into her residence by an unknown male Dec. 27.
The girl told police she was outside her home when a man walking down the street said to her, “Hi sweetie, how are you doing?” The girl told police that she then picked up her dog and began to move toward the house when the man began to chase her.
She was able to get inside and tell her mother, who then called the police. The man was gone when police arrived.
Sewickley police were dispatched to a residence on the 800 block of Thorn Street on Dec. 21 for a burglary report.
The woman told police she was on vacation and when she came back, $800 was missing from a drawer in her bedroom. She told police $100 in change also had been stolen from her residence recently.
Sewickley police assisted Ambridge with a home invasion where one man was shot at a residence near the border of Ambridge and Leetsdale on Dec. 24.
Ambridge police requested all available units to look for three black males armed with semi-automatic handguns. The suspects were gone when police arrived.
No further information was available.
Sewickley police reminds residents to dial 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency, not the police department.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- McCandless site set for Wal-Mart supercenter store
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Link to Sept. 11 motivated new chief of nonprofit Friends of Flight 93
- Volunteer potters lend time for Empty Bowls Dinner fundraiser
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Musky program achieves new standards
- Natural gas royalties lawsuit hinges on transaction date
- Nurse who survived Ebola virus says Dallas hospital failed her
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets