Sewickley girl runs from unknown man
Sewickley police were dispatched to the 700 block of Washington Street for a report of a female juvenile who was chased into her residence by an unknown male Dec. 27.
The girl told police she was outside her home when a man walking down the street said to her, “Hi sweetie, how are you doing?” The girl told police that she then picked up her dog and began to move toward the house when the man began to chase her.
She was able to get inside and tell her mother, who then called the police. The man was gone when police arrived.
Sewickley police were dispatched to a residence on the 800 block of Thorn Street on Dec. 21 for a burglary report.
The woman told police she was on vacation and when she came back, $800 was missing from a drawer in her bedroom. She told police $100 in change also had been stolen from her residence recently.
Sewickley police assisted Ambridge with a home invasion where one man was shot at a residence near the border of Ambridge and Leetsdale on Dec. 24.
Ambridge police requested all available units to look for three black males armed with semi-automatic handguns. The suspects were gone when police arrived.
No further information was available.
Sewickley police reminds residents to dial 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency, not the police department.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- St. James Church in Sewickley to kick off Music Plus
- Sewickley theater group seeks director
- Sewickley’s Sweetwater center adds new classes for fall
- Classes, programs in Sewickley can show you how to de-stress
- Interim Quaker Valley Middle School principal named
- Serafini: Good cause or not, people find reason to complain
- Need to modernize closes Ambridge theater doors ... for now
- Sewickley council allows food trucks to be part of mart
- Road salt cost rises; Sewickley council OKs buy
- Quaker Valley replacing 490 broken, 1-year-old laptops