Sewickley girl runs from unknown man
By Kristina Serafini
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, 8:58 p.m.
Sewickley police were dispatched to the 700 block of Washington Street for a report of a female juvenile who was chased into her residence by an unknown male Dec. 27.
The girl told police she was outside her home when a man walking down the street said to her, “Hi sweetie, how are you doing?” The girl told police that she then picked up her dog and began to move toward the house when the man began to chase her.
She was able to get inside and tell her mother, who then called the police. The man was gone when police arrived.
Sewickley police were dispatched to a residence on the 800 block of Thorn Street on Dec. 21 for a burglary report.
The woman told police she was on vacation and when she came back, $800 was missing from a drawer in her bedroom. She told police $100 in change also had been stolen from her residence recently.
Sewickley police assisted Ambridge with a home invasion where one man was shot at a residence near the border of Ambridge and Leetsdale on Dec. 24.
Ambridge police requested all available units to look for three black males armed with semi-automatic handguns. The suspects were gone when police arrived.
No further information was available.
Sewickley police reminds residents to dial 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency, not the police department.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Door opens for 1st-floor office space in Sewickley
- Sewickley Herald honors: Memorial Day celebration crew recognized
- Quaker Valley property owners could face tax increase
- Quaker Valley students extend their school day — willingly
- The Way I See It: Get out! No, really, get out there
- Leetsdale park, boat ramp could see upgrades
- Grant to update Leetsdale Industrial Park rail
- Keep your family organized with a command center
- St. James youth in Sewickley say ‘YES’ to helping others
- Abandoned vehicles cause concern in Leetsdale
- Dinner, wine event at Sewickley Heights Golf Club to benefit American Cancer Society