Photo: Broad Street crash
A Cochran Hose Company firefighter looks over the damage after a sport-utility vehicle crossed the center line and collided with a box truck on Broad Street in Sewickley on Dec. 27, 2012. Police said the driver of the SUV fell asleep at the wheel. She was transported to Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital with minor injuries. The driver and passenger in the truck were not injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, accidents reported
- Woodbridge Preschool upgrades classrooms with new technology
- Penn State wrestling gets best of Pitt again
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Plum man killed in Saltsburg Road rollover
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout