Sewickley Valley Lenten fish-fry season in full swing
By Debra Utterback
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A number of area churches and organizations are hosting fish fry events during the Lenten season.
St. James Catholic Parish
St. James Catholic Parish, 200 Walnut St., Sewickley, will hold fish frys from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Fridays through March 29 in the school cafeteria.
Fish dinners include the entrée, two sides and a drink. Prices range from $7 to $11. Children's meals are $4.
Take-out service is available by calling 412-741-6650, ext. 406.
For more information, call 412-741-6650 or visit www.saintjames-church.com.
Leetsdale Fire Department
Leetsdale Fire Department is holding its annual fish fry every Friday through March 29 at the Veterans of Foreign War's Club, Beaver and Ferry streets, Leetsdale.
The fish frys will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Takeouts or deliveries also are available by calling 412-716-4776. Proceeds will benefit the fire department.
St. Joseph Church
St. Joseph Church, 1313 Fifth Ave., Coraopolis, is hosting fish frys from 3:30 to 6:45 p.m. on Fridays during Lent.
Featured will be: deep fried or baked fish dinners, $10; fried shrimp dinner, $10; and macaroni and cheese dinner, $8. Dinner includes coleslaw and a roll. A la carte items include fish sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, french fries, haluski and potato pancakes. Pierogies will be sold by the half or whole dozen. Weekly specials and desserts also will be featured.
Takeouts are available. For more information, call 412-264-1518.
Good Samaritan Parish
Good Samaritan Parish in Ambridge is hosting a Lenten Fish Fry on Fridays through March 22.
For more information, call 724-266-6010.
Moon Township Volunteer Fire Co.
Moon Township Volunteer Fire Co. volunteers host fish fry events every Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 pm. through March 29.
Menu includes fish, chicken or shrimp dinners, and fish sandwich. Dinners include fries and firehouse coleslaw.
Homemade desserts for sale by Moon Township Volunteer Fire Co. Ladies Auxiliary.
All menu items are eat-in or take out.
Event is held the Moon Township Public Safety Building, 1000 Beaver Grade Road.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Esmark celebrates new headquarters in Edgeworth
- Construction of long-awaited Tuskegee Memorial at Sewickley Cemetery finally set to begin
- Volunteers needed to count fireflies at Sewickley Heights nature center
- Leetsdale schedules carnival in Henle Park
- ‘Rockin in the Hollow’ spotlights younger musicians in Sewickley Valley
- Beaver Street not wide enough for proposed bike lane, Sewickley officials say
- Sewickley Council eyes possibility of parking garage
- Sewickley church readies for annual strawberry festival
- Allegheny Land Trust to fundraise for Sewickley Hills land acquisition
- Sewickley Council OKs proposal for ‘pink house’
- QV traffic report released but no quick fix, officials say