Photos: Sewickley Academy hosts Zumbathon
By Kristina Serafini
Published: Monday, April 29, 2013, 11:18 a.m.
Sewickley Academy hosted its third annual Zumbathon at the school Saturday, April 13.
The event is held each year to raise money for the Kurt Cerny Memorial Fund — a scholarship in the late teacher's name to provide assistance to Sewickley Academy students recognized as aspiring performing artists. Cerny died in January 2011.
Kristina Serafini is a photographer and reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-324-1405 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ambridge model railroad museum, display open weekends through December
- New director continues mission of Beaver County Toys for Tots
- Photos: Santa visits Sewickley fire station
- Doggy-treat recipe helps to make students ‘self-sufficient’
- Moon couple discover new togetherness through ballroom dancing
- Leetsdale Garden Club gets grant for trees
- Choirs to present holiday smorgasbord of song
- Just Write: When it comes to gift-giving, maybe the Grinch had it right
- Sewickley’s St. Paul Lutheran Church feeds homeless men — in body and spirit
- Wintry weather didn’t stop Sewickley Light Up Night
- Sewickley area dancers take stage in Pittsburgh Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’