More roadwork planned for Route 65 between Sewickley, Beaver County
PennDOT crews will add another project to Route 65, a spokesman said Friday morning.
Beginning Monday, short-term single-lane closures will occur from 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily on Route 65 from Chestnut Street in Sewickley to the Beaver County line, PennDOT spokesman Jim Struzzi said.
Crews will be painting crosswalks, performing electrical work, repairing guide rails, installing ramps accessible to people with disabilities, concrete wall staining in various locations and other projects, Struzzi said.
Work is expected to last through April 30, he said.
Earlier this month, PennDOT announced an overnight single-lane closure of Route 65 in the same area. That project is expected to end later in the spring.
The work is part of a $5.1 million project started last year.
The overall 4.5-mile project included milling and resurfacing, drainage, guide rail, curbing, signs, signals, structure repairs and other improvements in Emsworth, Sewickley, Edgeworth, Leetsdale and Ambridge.In addition, Route 65 also serves as the detour for the Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge closure.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Valley YMCA programs to help those suffering from chronic conditions
- Sewickley Council nixes resident’s budget-panel proposal
- Parking concerns grow in Sewickley
- Sewickley’s St. James students see a few changes as they return
- Sweetwater works with The Caring Place to display special exhibit
- ‘Angel’ supplies Ambridge students with basic needs