More roadwork planned for Route 65 between Sewickley, Beaver County
PennDOT crews will add another project to Route 65, a spokesman said Friday morning.
Beginning Monday, short-term single-lane closures will occur from 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily on Route 65 from Chestnut Street in Sewickley to the Beaver County line, PennDOT spokesman Jim Struzzi said.
Crews will be painting crosswalks, performing electrical work, repairing guide rails, installing ramps accessible to people with disabilities, concrete wall staining in various locations and other projects, Struzzi said.
Work is expected to last through April 30, he said.
Earlier this month, PennDOT announced an overnight single-lane closure of Route 65 in the same area. That project is expected to end later in the spring.
The work is part of a $5.1 million project started last year.
The overall 4.5-mile project included milling and resurfacing, drainage, guide rail, curbing, signs, signals, structure repairs and other improvements in Emsworth, Sewickley, Edgeworth, Leetsdale and Ambridge.In addition, Route 65 also serves as the detour for the Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge closure.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley farm market builds on sense of community
- Sewickley Valley comes to fire victim’s aid
- Sewickley Council approves rezoning request despite spot zoning worry
- Author discusses new novel at Sewickley bookstore
- Sewickley Council OKs one-way Ferry Street
- Just Write: It’s July, it’s hot, it’s busy — time to slow down and think Christmas
- Quaker Valley principal to join West Allegheny
- Sewickley Water Authority to begin line replacement