Students to choose Quaker Valley prom queen, Mr. QV
Four Quaker Valley High School seniors will be vying for the title of prom queen and 11 candidates will be competing for the Mr. QV title this year.
Candidates for prom queen include Morgan Felt, Courtney Kroner, Sierra Perlik and Rachel Silverstein.
Seniors voted for prom queen candidates on April 24 and the results will be announced at the Grand March Promenade, which begins at 5:15 p.m. May 17 in the Quaker Valley High School auditorium.
The prom, titled “A Night in Versailles,” will begin at 6 p.m. at the Embassy Suites in Moon Township.
The annual Mr. QV pageant will be held at 7 p.m. May 10 in the high school auditorium.
Competing for the title will be seniors Levi Bowers, Rocco Brown, Ryan Garbee, Roy Hadfield, Andy House, Jack McGarry, Burke Moser, Dante Piccolo, Jake Pilewicz, Johnathan Roppo and Stephen Wei.
Tickets are $7 in advance or $10 at the door. Proceeds from the event, sponsored by the National Honor Society, will benefit the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
The emcees for Mr. QV are teachers Jeff Sebastian and Michael Haboush. The panel of judges includes principal Andrew Surloff and teachers Robert Harrah, Kerry McGrath Rita Hoepp and Robin Russell.
For more prom information, visit www.qvsd.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Tickets going on sale for February Evancho show
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Alle-Kiski Valley high school roundup: No. 2 Riverview wins in opener
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips