Photos: Volunteers 'redd up' river bank around Sewickley
Volunteers at three sites in the Sewickley Valley removed litter and debris from the banks of the Ohio River on Saturday during the annual Ohio River Sweep.
The event — which began in 1989 — is organized by the Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission.
More than 20,000 volunteers last year participated in cleanup sites from the river's start in downtown Pittsburgh to its end in Cairo, Ill. They collected more than 20,000 tons of debris.
Kristina Serafini is a photographer and reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-324-1405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley taxes going up
- Tree decorating set in Glen Osborne
- Sewickley mom, dad thankful for ‘incredible’ support since son’s death
- Stream alters theater blueprint in Sewickley
- Herald staffers share reasons for giving thanks
- Quaker Valley hires middle school chief for $108,500
- Quaker Valley official says test scores only fraction of story
- Photos: Quaker Valley performs version of ‘Peter Pan’ show
- Fox Chapel woman to showcase creations at annual Sewickley ‘Holiday mART’
- Old Economy Village official to address Sewickley mens club
- Photos: Sewickley Academy students perform ‘Guys and Dolls Jr.’