Village Garden Club of Sewickley elects officers
The Village Garden Club of Sewickley, a member of the Garden Club of America, or GCA, elected new officers for the 2013-2014 year and honored members at its annual meeting in June.
Newly elected officers are: president, Cordelia Jacobs; first vice president and membership chairwoman, Susan Holton; second vice president and program chairwoman, Julie Buscher; treasurer, Nancy Rostek; recording secretary, Mary Anne Riley; corresponding secretary, Susan Moffett; horticultural chairwoman, Nancy Wilcox; flowering-arranging chairwoman, Maleet Gordon; and conservation chair, Frank Blumenkopf.
A number of members also were honored with awards.
Debbie Nute received the GCA's Medal of Merit Award for her “bountiful organizational and creative skills.” She has held a number of leadership positions within the local club and at the national level, most recently serving as the Zone V vice chairman and chairman of the GCA Zone V annual meeting.
Denise Dufour and Annette Atwood were honored with the “Trusty Trowel Award,” which is presented each year to a new member or members who have made an important contribution to club activities.
The GCA is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
The Village Garden Club joined the national organization in 1961,
— Submitted information
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Serafini: Good cause or not, people find reason to complain
- Sewickley Academy freshman making difference through love of science
- Sewickley’s Sweetwater center adds new classes for fall
- St. James Church in Sewickley to kick off Music Plus
- Classes, programs in Sewickley can show you how to de-stress
- Sewickley council allows food trucks to be part of mart