Inspection on Sewickley Bridge postponed
An inspection that was set to limit Sewickley Bridge traffic to one lane beginning Monday has been postponed, a PennDOT spokesman said Friday afternoon.
“We are reevaluating the impact it will have on traffic,” PennDOT spokesman Steve Cowan said.
The Sewickley Bridge already serves as the posted detour for the closed Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge, which closed earlier this year as crews continue a multi-phase $16.6 million construction project on the Beaver County span.
That inspection would have limited the Sewickley Bridge to a single lane of alternating traffic between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. daily through Aug. 6, Cowan said.
No decision has been made on when the Sewickley Bridge inspection would be rescheduled, he said.
The inspection is part of the Federal Highway Administration's National Bridge Inspection Standards, Cowan said.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley taxes going up
- Sewickley mom, dad thankful for ‘incredible’ support since son’s death
- Quaker Valley official says test scores only fraction of story
- Tree decorating set in Glen Osborne, other events planned
- Quaker Valley hires middle school chief for $108,500
- Herald staffers share reasons for giving thanks
- Yuletide in Sewickley set to kick off with Small Business Saturday, Light Up Night
- Photos: Quaker Valley performs version of ‘Peter Pan’ show
- Stream alters theater blueprint in Sewickley