Sewickley Bridge inspection planned Sunday
An inspection that will limit Sewickley Bridge traffic to one lane will take place Sunday, a PennDOT spokesman said.
A single lane of alternating traffic will occur from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, PennDOT spokesman Steve Cowan said.
Moon and Sewickley police will control traffic flow on both sides of the bridge, he said.
An inspection originally was planned for about a two-week period beginning July 22, but was delayed after PennDOT leaders said they wanted to re-evaluate the impact on traffic, Cowan said.
The Sewickley Bridge already serves as the posted detour for the closed Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge, which closed earlier this year as crews continue a multi-phase $16.6 million construction project on the Beaver County span. The Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge is expected to reopen in the fall.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Richard Zana Music Festival continues in Harmony all weekend
- Dog training faux paws: Are you guilty?
- Race for Wade to benefit Leet teen fighting rare disorder
- Water Works Road in Sewickley could be straightened
- Serafini: Autumn cannot arrive too soon
- Event to celebrate saving of Sewickley’s ‘pink house’
- Heritage Valley adds support to Sewickley YMCA’s Faith in Action
- Sewickley fire horn usage to be reduced
- Sewickley council delays vote on office building