Police find man thought to have jumped off Sewickley Bridge
A man who Moon Township police thought jumped off the Sewickley Bridge into the Ohio River at about 11 a.m. Thursday was found in an apartment several hours later.
Police called off the search at about 2:30 p.m. after locating the man in the township, police Chief Leo McCarthy said. The man was taken into custody and transported to Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital.
Police received a call that a man was standing on the rail of the bridge and appeared to be prepared to jump, McCarthy said. A second caller told police a note was attached to the bridge.
Moon and Sewickley police searched from the bridge deck and from the western shore of the Ohio River following a 911 call.
A fisherman aided in the search until Crescent Township Volunteer Fire Department River Rescue and Coast Guard could get into the water.
Bobby Cherry is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley farm market builds on sense of community
- Sewickley Council approves rezoning request despite spot zoning worry
- Sewickley Valley comes to fire victim’s aid
- Author discusses new novel at Sewickley bookstore
- Sewickley Council OKs one-way Ferry Street
- Sewickley Water Authority to begin line replacement
- Serafini: History’s repeat of styles not always a good thing
- Just Write: It’s July, it’s hot, it’s busy — time to slow down and think Christmas
- Quaker Valley principal to join West Allegheny