Savoring Sewickley marking 14th year
Entering its 14th year is Sewickley Public Library's largest fundraising event — Savoring Sewickley.
The showcase of Sewickley's restaurants and other food establishments is planned for 6 p.m. Oct. 6, in the library, 501 Thorn St., Sewickley.
The event — organized by the Friends of the Sewickley Public Library — helps the group raise money for the library's collection, Library Director Carolyn Toth said.
“It's very, very important to keep fresh material on our shelves for our patrons,” she said.
The group annually supports the library by donating $56,000 toward the purchase of new books, DVDs and other resources.
“The reason for the ongoing success of this event is that guests please their palates and support a worthy cause simultaneously,” Friends of the Library President Yunsu Park said.
Tickets are $60 per person if ordered in advance or $65 at the door. Reservations are encouraged before Tuesday.
For more information, visit www.savoringsewickley.com.
— Bobby Cherry
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Author discusses new novel at Sewickley bookstore
- Sewickley farm market builds on sense of community
- Sewickley Council OKs one-way Ferry Street
- Sewickley Council approves rezoning request despite spot zoning worry
- Sewickley Valley comes to fire victim’s aid
- Sewickley Water Authority to begin line replacement
- Leet man shares War of 1812 knowledge
- Just Write: It’s July, it’s hot, it’s busy — time to slow down and think Christmas