Sewickley Light Up Night planned Friday: Events, detours, parking, more
Based on preliminary weather forecasts, it might actually look a little bit like Christmas on Friday as Sewickley celebrates its annual Light Up Night event. Or it could look a little bit like the snowstorm that forced Santa to use Rudolph in “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
Either way, Light Up Night is set for 6 to 10 p.m. Friday in and around the Sewickley business district, organizer Jennifer Markus said.
“The show will go on as planned,” she said in an e-mail to the Herald around 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Here's a look at events happening during the event, including road closures and Port Authority detours.
Broad Street, between Thorn and School streets
• 6 to 7:30 p.m. — music by Dancing Queen
• 7:30 to 8 p.m. — Lighting of the Village with Mayor Brian Jeffe; fireworks following
• 8 to 10 p.m. — music by No Bad JuJu
Orr's Rocks stage
Orr's parking lot, 532 Beaver St.
• 6 to 6:30 p.m. — PA Academy of Dance
• 6:30 to 7 p.m. — Montessori Children's
• 7 to 7:30 p.m. — Arena's Performing Arts Center
• 8 to 8:30 p.m. — Sewickley Academy Jazz Ensemble
• 8:30 to 9 p.m. — St. James Choir
• 9 to 9:30 p.m. — Montour High School band
• 9:30 to 10 p.m. — Seth Dubin's First Band Experience
Free horse-drawn carriage rides
• 5:30 to 9 p.m. — Beaver Street at Chestnut Street
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
616 Washington St.
• 4:30 to 7 p.m. — Arnie Fleig Soup & Sandwich Dinner
• 5 to 8 p.m. — St. Nicholas Shoppe
Sweetwater Center for the Arts
200 Broad St.
• 5 to 9 p.m. — Let the Men Cook! ( Click here to read more in the Sewickley Herald )
• 5 to 10 p.m. — Holiday mART shopping
St. Stephen's Church
405 Frederick Ave.
• 6:30 to 8 p.m. — Live music and cookie walk
• 6 to 9 p.m. — Cocoa, crafts and live music (Henning House)
Sewickley Public Library
500 Thorn St.
• 6 to 9 p.m. — Chris Burg's children's ensemble; crafts
Village Theater Co.
Locust Street parking lot
• 6 to 10 p.m. — Yuletide Film Festival
Clearview Federal Credit Union
Beaver Street at Division Street
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Visit with Mrs. Claus
Sewickley Valley YMCA
720 Blackburn Road
• 6 to 9 p.m. — Free roller skating, ping pong, video games, pizza and drinks for middle school and high school children
Sewickley United Methodist Church
337 Broad St.
• 5 to 9 p.m. — Santa hotline; carolers; live nativity; clock tower tours
Bobby Cherry is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Race for Wade to benefit Leet teen fighting rare disorder
- Dog training faux paws: Are you guilty?
- Water Works Road in Sewickley could be straightened
- Serafini: Autumn cannot arrive too soon
- Richard Zana Music Festival continues in Harmony all weekend
- Event to celebrate saving of Sewickley’s ‘pink house’