Quaker Valley leaders alert parents, community of planned drill
An evacuation drill will go on as planned Friday at Osborne Elementary School in Glen Osborne, Quaker Valley School District leaders said Thursday.
Administrators typically do not provide early notice of the routine drills, but did so after Wednesday's stabbing incident at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.
“All of the drills that we practice are vital to maintaining a safe and nurturing school community,” spokeswoman Tina Vojtko said in an e-mail. “The purpose of tomorrow's drill is to prepare faculty, staff and students to safely evacuate the building in case of any emergency.”
If parents have questions, they are urged to send an e-mail to Principal Barb Mellett at email@example.com .
Bobby Cherry is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley farm market builds on sense of community
- Sewickley Valley comes to fire victim’s aid
- Author discusses new novel at Sewickley bookstore
- Sewickley Council approves rezoning request despite spot zoning worry
- Sewickley Council OKs one-way Ferry Street
- Sewickley Water Authority to begin line replacement
- Photos: Sewickley Heights center was rockin’
- Just Write: It’s July, it’s hot, it’s busy — time to slow down and think Christmas
- Quaker Valley principal to join West Allegheny