Coraopolis, Moon, Leetsdale plan fireworks, events
A parade, fireworks and other activities are happening in and around the Sewickley Valley to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Events are planned for Friday unless otherwise noted.
Here's a look at area activities:
Edgeworth's annual Fourth of July bike parade will begin at 10 a.m. in Edgeworth Elementary School's parking lot on Meadow Lane. Children can begin lining up at 9:45 a.m.
Children are invited to decorate their bicycles and tricycles and ride through the neighborhood with their families.
Edgeworth Police Department and Cochran Hose Co. will be in attendance.
As part of the festivities leading into Leetsdale's traditional July Fourth celebration, the borough's Fourth of July organizing committee will host a carnival through Saturday with all proceeds benefitting the Fourth of July celebration.
The carnival will be held at Henle Park as follows:
• 6-10 tonight (Thursday)
• 1-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday
Carnival rides and games will be offered during the event, as well as food, including popcorn, candied apples, cotton candy, hot dogs, sausage and drinks.
• Fire trucks, marching groups and vintage cars will be featured in Leetsdale's annual Fourth of July parade, which is planned for 2 p.m. Friday .
The parade route will start in the Quaker Village Shopping Center parking lot, travel along Beaver Street to Broad Street and end in Henle Park near Ferry Street.
The borough's Independence Day celebration will feature food at the concession stand, live music, and the splash pad will be open for children from noon to about 6 p.m.
Fireworks will begin at dusk.
Donations are being sought to support the July 4 activities.
Checks made out to Leetsdale Fourth of July can be mailed to the borough building, 373 Beaver St., Leetsdale, PA 15056.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Mary Kay Dschuhan at 724-266-3925 or Rob Cobourne at 724-288-3343 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details about the events are available at www.leetsdale4thofjuly.com
The Moon Township Independence Day Celebration will be held from 4 to 10 p.m. in Moon Park, 1350 Joe DeNardo Way.
• Food, activities and live entertainment will be featured throughout the day. There will be a car show featuring classic cars and new cars from Falconi Ford.
• Children's activities begin at 4 p.m.
• A performance by Arena's Performing Arts Centre students will be held at 5 p.m.
• Musical acts include Frank Vieria (6 p.m.); Stoney River Boys, featuring Y108's Stoney Richard (7 p.m.); Londona (7:45 p.m.); Pittsburgh native Sarah Marince (8 p.m.); and national recording artist RaeLynn (9 p.m).
• A military recognition event will be held at 9:50 p.m.
• The day's activities will culminate with fireworks at 10 p.m. by Zambelli Internationale.
Parking will be available across from Moon Park on Ewing Road.
For more information, visit www.moonparks.org.
Fireworks, a K-9 dog show and more are planned for Saturday at Letteri Stadium on Maple Street.
Events kick off at 7 p.m. with free child ID kits. A K-9 dog show is planned for 8 p.m.
Fireworks will be lit at 9:15 p.m. Food will be available for purchase.
Parking is available on Maple Street and in Cornell School District parking lots.