Parking rates at Heritage Valley Sewickley to increase Monday
Patients and visitors to Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital soon will pay slightly higher parking fees.
Hospital spokesman Dan Murphy said new rates for the public garage on Broad Street will go into effect on Monday. The increase amounts to about $1 per visit.
Parking at the hospital for more than four hours now will cost $5 instead of $4; the rate for two to four hours will change from $3 to $4; $3 will be charged for visits lasting one to two hours; and it will now cost $2 to park from 31 minutes to one hour.
The first half hour remains free.
Murphy said the increase is the first since 2009 and is due to rising costs of annual garage maintenance. He said the additional parking revenue will be used solely for garage maintenance and upkeep.
Aside from the rate increase, patients and visitors shouldn't expect any changes with parking, Murphy said.
An automated ticket machine will continue to dispense tickets at the entrance of the garage. Three parking machines — on the hospital's third floor across from the gift shop, on the fourth floor near the lobby stairs and on the first floor across from the Sewickley Primary Care office — will still accept payments.
Heritage Valley Health System announced last week the relocation of its Associates in Family Medicine office in Franklin Park to 1185 Freedom Road in Cranberry.
Murphy said the group's primary location in the Heritage Valley Edgeworth Medical Neighborhood remains open.
Kristina Serafini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-324-1405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster