Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church to hold Illumination Night
The Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church will hold Illumination Night from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 8 at 199 Old Clairton Road.
The event will include indoor and outdoor activities: a bonfire for s'mores and hot chocolate, live entertainment, clowns, balloon creations and crafts, as well as carriage and trolley rides.
Featured entertainment includes the Thomas Jefferson High School Jazz Band and chorus. The Presbyterian church choir scheduled a Christmas cantata.
The church also will have a live manger scene.
Rides and entertainment are free.
Donations of non-perishable food items are requested for the Cloverleaf Food Bank.
Caryl Drive, the road behind the church, will be closed and Audrey Drive will be converted to one-way street. Parking on nearby streets is limited, but free shuttles will run from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. between the Pleasant Hills municipal parking lot, located at 410 East Bruceton Road, and the Pleasant Hills Middle School lot, located at 404 Old Clairton Road.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Lovejoy says individual play is problematic
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen unfazed by return to Arizona
- Lexus sport coupe has youthful appeal, power
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Kings Family Restaurants sold to California firm
- Pittsburgh group keeps alive Laurel & Hardy’s legacy
- MLB notebook: Rangers, Angels work on deal for Hamilton
- Gardening in raised beds has lots of benefits, but also challenges
- Western Pa. May markets, plant sellers ready to spring into action