Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church to hold Illumination Night
The Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church will hold Illumination Night from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 8 at 199 Old Clairton Road.
The event will include indoor and outdoor activities: a bonfire for s'mores and hot chocolate, live entertainment, clowns, balloon creations and crafts, as well as carriage and trolley rides.
Featured entertainment includes the Thomas Jefferson High School Jazz Band and chorus. The Presbyterian church choir scheduled a Christmas cantata.
The church also will have a live manger scene.
Rides and entertainment are free.
Donations of non-perishable food items are requested for the Cloverleaf Food Bank.
Caryl Drive, the road behind the church, will be closed and Audrey Drive will be converted to one-way street. Parking on nearby streets is limited, but free shuttles will run from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. between the Pleasant Hills municipal parking lot, located at 410 East Bruceton Road, and the Pleasant Hills Middle School lot, located at 404 Old Clairton Road.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins