Pope places fifth in Brentwood 5K event
Upon further review, it was discovered that Brentwood resident Andrew Pope ended up in fifth place among male runners in this year's Brentwood Firecracker 5K Run.
Pope, 25, crossed the finish line in 21:41 to trail only Sam Shea (19:48), Brandon Focer (20:21), Matt Fondiler (21:18) and Matthew Hawk (21:26) in the borough competition of the 5K race.
Pope placed 23rd overall in the male 25-29 age division, slightly behind Fondiler and Hawk.
Nick Pazuchanics, 15, was listed as the fifth-place finisher in last week's column. Pazuchanics, however, is not a Brentwood resident.
The leading female runners from the borough in this year's race were Emily Ianachione (22:00), Callee Suvak (24:23), Abby Dehler (25:30), Erica Medina (26:10) and Judith Dominici (26:31).
Sports physicals available Saturday
Allegheny General Hospital Sports Medicine is providing pre-participation physical exams for high school athletes planning to participate in the upcoming sports season.
Physical exams will be available Saturday, between 9 a.m. and noon, on the first floor of the Century 3 HMR facility.
The cost is $10, and can be paid by cash or check (which should be made payable to AGH).
The physicals will last approximately 45 minutes; appointments are available by calling 877-284-2000. Additional dates and locations for 2012 sports physicals also are available.
And, as a reminder, the physical exams also can be completed by your family doctor.
Seton cheerleaders plan fundraiser
The Seton-La Salle High School cheerleaders will hold a car wash/fundraiser Sunday at Getaway Cafe, located at 3049 Sussex Ave. at McNeilly Road.
The car wash will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The day-long fundraiser - 20 percent of the food portion of customers' checks will benefit Seton-La Salle athletic boosters - will run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Overgrown trees leave Brentwood residents frustrated
- Baldwin settles lawsuit for $7,500
- MRTSA staff able to train the ‘smart’ way with simulator
- Brentwood’s Noctis racing team makes final push for trip
- Baldwin Community Day to have something for everyone
- Baldwin Borough woman awarded $5K for damages to apartment
- Baldwin Borough pool closes for repairs, residents may use Brentwood pool
- Bus route to return to north Baldwin
- Brentwood teachers show unity during summer break
- Study explores potential changes to busy Route 51 corridor
- Pleasant Hills family’s beach vacation takes tragic turn