Expect lane closures on Glass Run Road
By Stephanie Hacke
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, 7:52 p.m.
Possible daytime lane closures on Glass Run Road start Thursday
Guide rail repairs on a Glass Run Road bridge could lead to lane closures on a stretch of the road beginning Thursday, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation District 11 officials said.
Lane closures will occur as needed on the bridge that carries Glass Run Road over Glass Run, between Gensler and Cathell roads, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Nov. 19. Construction is set to begin Thursday, weather permitting.
The work is part of a $1.8 million contract with Allison Park Contractors Incorporated for improvements on several bridges in District 11.
PennDOT officials asked that motorists use caution and expect possible delays when traveling through the area.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plans, detours discussed for intersection at routes 51, 88
- Real estate tax rate to be determined in Whitehall
- Argument between exes in Brentwood resulted in deadly pursuit
- Retired teacher helps establish music scholarship for Thomas Jefferson high schoolers
- Art league members to display works at Jefferson Hills library
- Baldwin-Whitehall residents seek more than resignation