Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church to hold Illumination Night
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 8:51 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012
The Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church will hold Illumination Night from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 8 at 199 Old Clairton Road.
The event will include indoor and outdoor activities: a bonfire for s'mores and hot chocolate, live entertainment, clowns, balloon creations and crafts, as well as carriage and trolley rides.
Featured entertainment includes the Thomas Jefferson High School Jazz Band and chorus. The Presbyterian church choir scheduled a Christmas cantata.
The church also will have a live manger scene.
Rides and entertainment are free.
Donations of non-perishable food items are requested for the Cloverleaf Food Bank.
Caryl Drive, the road behind the church, will be closed and Audrey Drive will be converted to one-way street. Parking on nearby streets is limited, but free shuttles will run from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. between the Pleasant Hills municipal parking lot, located at 410 East Bruceton Road, and the Pleasant Hills Middle School lot, located at 404 Old Clairton Road.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
- Web extra: Q&A with Baldwin Borough mayoral hopefuls
- New program in Baldwin Borough honors top cops
- Whitehall Public Library changes with the times
- Candidates in South Hills communities seek party nominations
- Commissioners set property tax rate
- Gas company project a bump in the road in Baldwin Borough
- Baldwin High School showered with Kelly nominations
- Brentwood deals with a hefty deficit
- South Hills polling places to cast votes
- Fired West Jefferson Hills superintendent continues challenge
- Tax drop dependent on reassessment in Baldwin-Whitehall
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.