Sciulli DiNardo takes reins of B-W School Board
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 11:40 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Nancy Sciulli DiNardo was unanimously appointed to serve as president of the Baldwin-Whitehall School Board. This took place as the board held its reorganization meeting for 2013 on Wednesday night.
Sciulli DiNardo, 44, of Baldwin Borough, was first elected to the school board in November 2005 and was re-elected in 2009, but had to resign in fall 2010 because of an employment conflict. She then was reappointed to the school board in January 2012 when a seat opened up.
Sciulli DiNardo said it took her a few years of service as a school board member before she thought she was ready to serve as president. She anticipates running the school board will be another education.
“I had to grow as being a board member and that takes time,” Sciulli DiNardo said. “I know this isn't going to be an easy job.”
Goals for her term are simple – focus on students and watch the district's budget.
Kevin Fischer will serve as first vice president and Diana Kazour will serve as second vice president. The two were unanimously reappointed to those positions.
Solicitor Edward Lawrence, of Tucker Arensberg, was unanimously reappointed to his position. This is Lawrence's 37th year as district solicitor.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
- Whitehall Public Library changes with the times
- Upgrades completed at Becks Run Pumping Station
- Volunteers help bring festive atmosphere to Spring-a-Rama
- Whitehall ordinance meant to keep animals from being a nuisance to residents
- A twirl, smile put dance benefit in motion
- McKenry fields students’ questions, shares positive message
- Candidates in South Hills communities seek party nominations
- Tax drop dependent on reassessment in Baldwin-Whitehall
- Web extra: Q&A with Baldwin Borough council hopefuls
- County to use Thomas Jefferson High School as polling location
- New program in Baldwin Borough honors top cops
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.