Sciulli DiNardo takes reins of B-W School Board
Nancy Sciulli DiNardo was unanimously appointed to serve as president of the Baldwin-Whitehall School Board. This took place as the board held its reorganization meeting for 2013 on Wednesday night.
Sciulli DiNardo, 44, of Baldwin Borough, was first elected to the school board in November 2005 and was re-elected in 2009, but had to resign in fall 2010 because of an employment conflict. She then was reappointed to the school board in January 2012 when a seat opened up.
Sciulli DiNardo said it took her a few years of service as a school board member before she thought she was ready to serve as president. She anticipates running the school board will be another education.
“I had to grow as being a board member and that takes time,” Sciulli DiNardo said. “I know this isn't going to be an easy job.”
Goals for her term are simple – focus on students and watch the district's budget.
Kevin Fischer will serve as first vice president and Diana Kazour will serve as second vice president. The two were unanimously reappointed to those positions.
Solicitor Edward Lawrence, of Tucker Arensberg, was unanimously reappointed to his position. This is Lawrence's 37th year as district solicitor.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Future Brentwood Fourth celebrations in jeopardy
- Longtime Whitehall deputy chief ends 40-year career
- Baldwin, Whitehall could share costs of tank
- Baldwin Borough, development to work on code solution
- West Jefferson Hills School Board not ready to make changes to student assessment
- Whitehall residents to see property-tax decrease
- Richter: Caution with email important on public computers
- Pleasant Hills native captures USA National Miss PA crown
- Hearing set on Baldwin housing complex
- Council approves work on Pleasant Hills shopping center