Whitehall apartment complex sold to New York company
By Stephanie Hacke
Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 9:30 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 18, 2013
A longtime family-owned Whitehall Borough apartment complex was sold for $11.75 million to a New York-based company, records show.
The Maiden Bridge and Canongate apartments, located off Weyman Road in Whitehall, were sold at the end of last month by members of the Caste family — included under the name Maiden Bridge LP — to Pittsford, New York-based Morgan Communities, under the name Morgan Maiden Bridge LLC.
Representatives from Morgan Communities and Caste Commercial Real Estate did not return multiple calls seeking comment.
A deed recorded in the Allegheny County Department of Real Estate shows the property sale was finalized on Dec. 27. Four parcels of land were sold, including the Maiden Bridge and Canongate apartments and vacant land on Lawnview Drive in Whitehall, documents show.
Longtime owners of the complex included the Maiden Bridge Limited Partnership, formed in 1972 under the name Brightview Joint Venture. Others listed on the deed included the Estate of Mary Danielson, the Estate of Philomena Teodori and members of the Caste family.
The Caste family owns and manages the Caste Village Shopping Center and other properties in the area.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
- A twirl, smile put dance benefit in motion
- Volunteers help bring festive atmosphere to Spring-a-Rama
- McKenry fields students’ questions, shares positive message
- Gas company project a bump in the road in Baldwin Borough
- Brentwood deals with a hefty deficit
- South Hills polling places to cast votes
- Fired West Jefferson Hills superintendent continues challenge
- Road construction planned throughout South Hills area
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.