Molchany begins job representing 22nd District
By Staff Report
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, 9:40 p.m.
Legislative District 22 residents have a new representative for the state House of Representatives, after Erin Molchany of Mt. Washington was sworn into office on Jan. 1 in Harrisburg.
The ceremony in the House chamber marked the beginning of the 197th legislative session. On the first day of her first term, Molchany acknowledged that there is a lot of work to begin in Harrisburg and in her district.
“As I have done before, I again pledge tireless dedication and my deepest commitment to serving everyone in my district. There is so much to do. I'll be there with you and hope you'll be there with me,” she said.
The 22nd Legislative District in Allegheny County consists of parts of Pittsburgh, including Brookline, Beechview, Mt. Washington, Duquesne Heights, Overbrook, Manchester, Sheraden, Esplen, Baldwin Township, and the boroughs of Castle Shannon and Whitehall.
Molchany is the former director of the Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project, also known as PUMP.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baldwin EMS assistant chief honored for safety
- Vocal resident banned from all Baldwin-Whitehall district property
- Thomas Jefferson’s first Mini-THON nets maxi-results
- WJH held drill day before FR incident
- Shredding program set in Pleasant Hills
- Baldwin-Whitehall board approves termination of interim cafeteria manager