Whitehall recreation plans comedy show
Lots of laughs, food and drinks — and all new performers — will highlight Whitehall Borough Recreation Board's sixth annual “Winter Blues Comedy Cure.”
The event, set for Feb. 23 at Salvatore's in Baldwin Borough, will include comedy routines by headliner Bill Benden, as seen on HBO and Comedy Central, and featured performer Lionel Hamilton of BET's “Evening at the Apollo.” WDVE's Mike Wysocki will host.
“It's really something that everyone can enjoy. It's clean comedy — things people can relate to,” said Whitehall recreation director Kelly Joyce.
The cost is $40 per person for dinner and the show, or $25 for only the show.
Last year, the comedy event sold out for the first time, Joyce said. Tickets again this year are going fast.
The program includes a buffet dinner and complimentary draft beer and soft drinks. There also are door prizes and raffles showcased during the night, Joyce said.
The comedy show is one of the recreation board's only fundraisers of the year, Joyce said. Money raised helps to support free Whitehall events.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Hard work’ pays off for Whitehall Elementary’s service project
- Baldwin residents welcome return of police substation
- Baldwin Township to give recycling a try
- Interest strong to serve on Whitehall Wildlife Management Committee
- Jefferson Hills’ Steel Center brings back welding program to meet demand
- Brentwood director changing the tune about no choir robes
- Brentwood officials turn away Snee Dairy building offer