Survey to help plan for West Jefferson Hills future
By Stephanie Hacke
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
West Jefferson Hills residents: your opinion is wanted to help school district leaders craft goals.
A strategic plan is in the works in the West Jefferson Hills school system that officials say will help set the course for future updates and examine the district's goals and mission.
“This is extremely important as we continue to chart the course of the school district over the next few years, which are very critical,” acting assistant Superintendent Hamsini Rajgopal said at last week's school board meeting.
The district typically completes a strategic plan every five years, as required by state law. But this time, the process is different — more comprehensive, officials have said.
A survey — geared toward elementary, middle and high school parents and community members — is in progress, Rajgopal said.
The survey will be available on the district website, www.wjhsd.net, until Feb. 10. Students and staff also will be administered surveys in their buildings, Rajgopal said.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
- Thomas Jefferson team finished among leaders in national competition
- Baldwin-Whitehall superintendent honored with JA award
- Brentwood Council members approve royal blue for track surface
- Relay for Life Friday at Baldwin High School
- Brentwood promises another bang-up July 4 celebration
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District bus drivers to use two-way radios
- Brentwood students work to stop bullies in their tracks
- Council questions apartment complex in Baldwin Borough
- Baldwin officials study options for pool leaks
- Library staff, community recognizes longtime Baldwin Borough volunteer
- Baldwin-Whitehall School Board meeting turns into political arena
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.