Catch a local Lenten fish fry every Friday
• St. Thomas á Becket, located at 139 Gill Hall Road in Jefferson Hills, will host fish frys every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, March 29, from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Patrons can eat in or take out meals in the church's school building.
Dinners include baked or fried fish and shrimp, two sides and a beverage. Also there will be a crab-cake-dinner special on certain days and a pierogie dinner special on Good Friday.
Other items include fish sandwich, haluski, soup, homemade desserts, tuna melt sandwich, a kids menu and more. To order take-out meals or for more questions, call 412-655-9966.
• Option Independent Fire Company in Baldwin Borough will hold its annual fish fry on Feb. 13 and 15 and March 29 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This year, the fish fry will include an expanded menu and larger portions.
Children's meals have grilled cheese and french fries. Adult meals include a fish dinner, fish sandwich, shrimp dinner and sides of macaroni and cheese, haluski and seafood bisque soup. Beverages also will be available.
The fire company is located at 825 Streets Run Road.
Call 412-881-9704 for takeout or more info.
• St. Norbert Parish in Overbrook will hold its annual fish fry on Feb. 13 and every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday. There are baked or fried fish dinners or sandwiches, shrimp or crab cake dinners, pierogies, mac and cheese, french fries, coleslaw, pizza and more. All dinners include two side orders and coffee or tea. Call 412-881-8201 for takeout. Dinners are served 4 to 7 p.m.
Also available on Ash Wednesday and Lenten Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. is a fish sandwich and french fry lunch for takeout only.
• St. Albert the Great in Baldwin will hold its annual fish fry every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, from 3 to 7 p.m. in the parish hall, 3198 Schieck St. Dinners include fish sandwich, baked or breaded fish, crabcake, breaded shrimp or pierogies with choice of two sides. Cost: $9 fish dinner, $6 sandwiches, $6 shrimp, crabcake and pierogies dinner, $6 fish on a dish. Desserts are $1. Takeout available. To order, call 412-440-0221. For more information,call 412-884-7744.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Time to give Pirates owner Nutting his due
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Penguins’ prospects could hinge on health of Letang, Maataa
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- Pittsburgh Police Department to expand use of body cameras for officers
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Pirates notebook: Huntington weighs whether wild-card round should be expanded
- Armstrong hockey aiming for return to Consol
- ATI claims operations, production meet expectations; workers refute statement