Catch a local Lenten fish fry every Friday
• St. Thomas á Becket, located at 139 Gill Hall Road in Jefferson Hills, will host fish frys every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, March 29, from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Patrons can eat in or take out meals in the church's school building.
Dinners include baked or fried fish and shrimp, two sides and a beverage. Also there will be a crab-cake-dinner special on certain days and a pierogie dinner special on Good Friday.
Other items include fish sandwich, haluski, soup, homemade desserts, tuna melt sandwich, a kids menu and more. To order take-out meals or for more questions, call 412-655-9966.
• Option Independent Fire Company in Baldwin Borough will hold its annual fish fry on Feb. 13 and 15 and March 29 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This year, the fish fry will include an expanded menu and larger portions.
Children's meals have grilled cheese and french fries. Adult meals include a fish dinner, fish sandwich, shrimp dinner and sides of macaroni and cheese, haluski and seafood bisque soup. Beverages also will be available.
The fire company is located at 825 Streets Run Road.
Call 412-881-9704 for takeout or more info.
• St. Norbert Parish in Overbrook will hold its annual fish fry on Feb. 13 and every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday. There are baked or fried fish dinners or sandwiches, shrimp or crab cake dinners, pierogies, mac and cheese, french fries, coleslaw, pizza and more. All dinners include two side orders and coffee or tea. Call 412-881-8201 for takeout. Dinners are served 4 to 7 p.m.
Also available on Ash Wednesday and Lenten Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. is a fish sandwich and french fry lunch for takeout only.
• St. Albert the Great in Baldwin will hold its annual fish fry every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, from 3 to 7 p.m. in the parish hall, 3198 Schieck St. Dinners include fish sandwich, baked or breaded fish, crabcake, breaded shrimp or pierogies with choice of two sides. Cost: $9 fish dinner, $6 sandwiches, $6 shrimp, crabcake and pierogies dinner, $6 fish on a dish. Desserts are $1. Takeout available. To order, call 412-440-0221. For more information,call 412-884-7744.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process
- Remember the Lusitania!
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September