New police officer 'excited' to work in Jefferson Hills
Jefferson Hills has a new police officer.
Borough council approved hiring Corey Brunetti, 23, of South Park Township, on Feb. 15.
“I'm extremely excited,” Brunetti said. “I think Jefferson Hills is an excellent opportunity.”
Brunetti has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Penn State Altoona.
He said he looks forward to meeting the challenges of a diverse municipality.
Jefferson Hills has 17 police officers, with 15 on active duty, Chief Gene Roach said. The department seeks to hire one more officer this year.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Landlord opens door in Brentwood to help those who served
- Streets Run used as detour
- West Jefferson Hills school district to discuss grading policy
- Brentwood school district issues measles letter in response to social media stir
- Pleasant Hills Middle school celebrates 50 years with nod to past
- Brentwood residents, mayor back acting police chief
- Coach in Baldwin-Whitehall does not get middle school football job
- Baldwin police officers lauded for work
- Pleasant Hills library to try old-fashioned approach to reading