Municipalities in the Pleasant Hills Authority work on service agreement
The contracting municipalities in the Pleasant Hills Authority are awaiting a service agreement to comply with a state consent decree.
Late last year, the municipalities — Pleasant Hills, Baldwin Borough, Whitehall and South Park Township — approved an extension until March for the agreement with the Pleasant Hills Authority. The municipalities are working to comply with the state Department of Environmental Protection's consent decree to reduce overflow issues.
Part of the consent decree is for the municipalities to approve a service agreement with the authority.
“We're almost there,” Baldwin Borough solicitor Stanley Lederman told council members earlier this month.
Lawyers and engineers from the municipalities have been working out details of the agreement.
Issues that still need to be addressed among the towns include: determining the criteria for a majority consent and setting fines if one of them didn't comply with regulations. Rules also were set regarding capital improvements for the authority.
In addition, the plan will include the creation of a map will to show where all of the lines and flow meters are in the communities.
Likewise, the Pleasant Hills Authority and Pleasant Hills are working through a new management agreement, said Councilman William Trimbath.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com. Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brentwood stadium project officially into overtime
- Thomas Jefferson fans don’t have to visit the ‘Den’ to get school items
- Police seek Baldwin Hockey Club coach wanted in theft
- Suspension upheld for Brentwood police chief
- Estimated costs increase nearly $17M for new West Jefferson Hills high school
- Baldwin tweaks homecoming this year
- Brentwood EMS to remain provider in borough
- Brentwood police chief placed on administrative leave
- Permits needed for bulk containers in Whitehall
- Criminal background checks needed to serve on Baldwin boards, commissions