Catch a Lenten fish fry in the area
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
• St. Thomas á Becket, located at 139 Gill Hall Road in Jefferson Hills, will host fish frys every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, March 29, from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Patrons can eat in or take out meals in the church's school building. Dinners include baked or fried fish and shrimp, two sides and a beverage. Also there will be a crab-cake dinner special on certain days and a pierogie dinner special on Good Friday. Other items include fish sandwich, haluski, soup, homemade desserts, tuna melt sandwich, a kids menu and more. To order takeout meals or for more questions, call 412-655-9966.
• Option Independent Fire Company in Baldwin Borough will hold its annual fish fry on March 29 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This year, the fish fry will include an expanded menu and larger portions. Children's meals have grilled cheese and french fries. Adult meals include a fish dinner, fish sandwich, shrimp dinner and sides of macaroni and cheese, haluski and seafood bisque soup. Beverages also will be available.
The fire company is located at 825 Streets Run Road, one block off Route 51.
Call 412-881-9704 for takeout or more info.
• St. Norbert Parish in Overbrook will hold its annual fish fry every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday. There are baked or fried fish dinners or sandwiches, shrimp or crab cake dinners, pierogies, mac and cheese, french fries, coleslaw, pizza and more. All dinners include two side orders and coffee or tea. Call 412-881-8201 for takeout. Dinners are served 4 to 7 p.m.
Also available on Lenten Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. is a fish sandwich and french fry lunch for takeout only.
• St. Albert the Great in Baldwin will hold its annual fish fry every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, from 3 to 7 p.m. in the parish hall, 3198 Schieck St. Dinners include fish sandwich, baked or breaded fish, crabcake, breaded shrimp or pierogies with choice of two sides. Cost: $9 fish dinner, $6 sandwiches, $6 shrimp, crabcake and pierogies dinner, $6 fish on a dish. Desserts are $1. Takeout is available. To order, call 412-440-0221. For more information,call 412-884-7744.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson’s first Mini-THON nets maxi-results
- Vocal resident banned from all Baldwin-Whitehall district property
- WJH held drill day before FR incident
- Shredding program set in Pleasant Hills
- Baldwin EMS assistant chief honored for safety
- Jefferson Regional volunteers downplay individual achievements
- Baldwin Township charter school plans for enrollment boost
- Baldwin-Whitehall board fires transportation manager
- Baldwin-Whitehall board approves termination of interim cafeteria manager
- Stabbing tragedy prompts districts to re-examine what they would do
- Baldwin officials think outside the pool