Hearing to continue next month for Baldwin-Whitehall bus driver
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 8:33 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The preliminary hearing for a Baldwin-Whitehall bus driver was continued from Feb. 25 to March 18 at Magistrate Judge Beth S. Mills' court.
The hearing for William H. Scherz Sr., 73, of Brentwood, who is charged with sexual assault, involuntary sexual intercourse, indecent exposure and other offenses, was continued at the request of his lawyer, Michael Santicola, according to court records.
Scherz could not be reached at his home for comment.
Scherz was arrested in January after police said he met a 15-year-old boy through a telephone dating service and then assaulted him in the boy's home.
The boy met Scherz in December on Megamate, a telephone dating service, according to a criminal complaint. The boy told Scherz that he was 18 and the two agreed to meet, but when Scherz arrived at the boy's home in Elizabeth on Jan. 22, he acknowledged he is 15, the complaint said.
Scherz tried to kiss the boy, who pushed Scherz away, police said. Scherz then sexually assaulted the boy, police said.
Scherz was released from the Allegheny County Jail on Jan. 24 after posting $10,000 bond.
Scherz is a 10-year employee of the district. He is on voluntary leave from work.
He was not on duty when the reported incident occurred.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
- Baldwin’s Class of 2013 ready to go far
- Playoff beards grown to benefit Baldwin’s Relay for Life
- Resident wants to raise chickens in yard
- Write-ins give Baldwin Borough incumbents another chance
- Program helps refugees enhance English skills
- Victim’s father spreads word about dating violence
- South Hills communities prepare to update ‘comprehensive plans’
- Paynter Elementary School student project is rolled up with love
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District officials balance budget
- Construction work affecting Baptist Road in Whitehall
- Brentwood Borough School District dealing with hefty deficit
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.