Brentwood facility project cost could increase
Change order items associated with the construction of a public works facility in Brentwood would add $191,581 to the project cost.
Brentwood borough council is scheduled to vote on Tuesday on 13 change order items. The project cost will total $1.51 million if all of the items are approved, which still is half a million dollars less than the borough budgeted for it, said George Zboyovsky, borough manager.
Councilman Pasquale “Pat” Carnevale was vocal at the March 19 council agenda meeting about the cost of the project.
“I don't mind things being done ... but gosh darnit, there's a price to it,” Carnevale said.
The borough awarded Allegheny Construction Group the $1.32 million contract for the project. Change order items include:
• A CoRay Vac heat for the rear half of the garage for $28,306.
• An additional toilet and two urinals for the facility's men's room, including partitions, screens and holders for $10,108.
• Additional power operators with remotes for overhead garage doors for $14,934.
• Paving the parking lot for $89,666.
• A truck washer for $10,000.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New law requires Baldwin Borough residents to get permits for large containers
- Brentwood considers leasing newly built municipal center
- Young musical writer’s work to be performed at J.E. Harrison Middle School
- Baldwin High School latest stop on High School Nation tour
- Plenty of treats for Halloween in South Hills
- Female mascot makes Baldwin Highlander history
- South Hills talent at center stage for ‘Chorus Line’ performance
- New food services director hired in Brentwood