Brentwood facility project cost could increase
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Change order items associated with the construction of a public works facility in Brentwood would add $191,581 to the project cost.
Brentwood borough council is scheduled to vote on Tuesday on 13 change order items. The project cost will total $1.51 million if all of the items are approved, which still is half a million dollars less than the borough budgeted for it, said George Zboyovsky, borough manager.
Councilman Pasquale “Pat” Carnevale was vocal at the March 19 council agenda meeting about the cost of the project.
“I don't mind things being done ... but gosh darnit, there's a price to it,” Carnevale said.
The borough awarded Allegheny Construction Group the $1.32 million contract for the project. Change order items include:
• A CoRay Vac heat for the rear half of the garage for $28,306.
• An additional toilet and two urinals for the facility's men's room, including partitions, screens and holders for $10,108.
• Additional power operators with remotes for overhead garage doors for $14,934.
• Paving the parking lot for $89,666.
• A truck washer for $10,000.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
- Volunteers help bring festive atmosphere to Spring-a-Rama
- Whitehall ordinance meant to keep animals from being a nuisance to residents
- Upgrades completed at Becks Run Pumping Station
- Future problem solvers, Thomas Jefferson students make the grade at state level
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
First, why do they need such A large bathroom? Second, A truck washer? For public works trucks?