Area residents seek nominations in May primary
Tuesday was the deadline for candidates to file petitions to seek nominations for public office in the May 21 primary. The Allegheny County Division of Elections must certify the list before it becomes official. Candidates have until Wednesday to withdraw their names.
The top vote-getters in the primary will advance to the Nov. 5 election.
The following South Hills residents have filed petitions to campaign for local office in the primary.
• Mayor: David Depretis (D), Edward D. Moeller (D) and John Butch Ferris (D).
• Tax Collector: Gail M. Mikush (D).
• Borough council (four seats, four year term): John R. Conley (D), Michael R. Ducker (D), Kevin J. Fischer (D), Francis J. Scott (D), Robert T. Collet (D), Larry Brown (D), E. John Egger (D).
• Tax collector: Marilyn G. Wagner (R), Anthony Frisoli (D).
• Commissioner (two seats, four-year term): John Michael Paravati (R), John N. Allen (R), Cheryl K. Schuler (D) and Eileen Frisoli (D).
• Mayor: Dennis H. Troy (R).
• Tax collector: none.
• Borough council (four open seats, four-year term): Dean M. Trent (R), Stephanie Fox (R), Elizabeth Ann Schade (D), John W. Frombach (D), Rich Schubert (D), Jayson Livingston (D). Borough Council (one seat, two-year term): Robert Pasquantonio (D).
• Mayor: Jim Nowalk (D).
• Tax collector: Kelly Sgattoni (D).
• Borough Council (four open seats, four-year term): Ryan Barton (R), Chris A. Mooney (R), Linda J. Book (R), William Veith (R), Kathy DePuy (D), Bill Gazica (D), Paul Parker (D) and Glenn Nagy (D).
• Mayor: Robert S. Bootay III (R).
• Tax collector: Linda Fanscali (R) and Sandra Pikula (R).
• Borough Council (four open seats, four-year term): William D. Trimbath (R), Regis Brown (R), Robert Karcher (R), Barbara M. Magnotti (R) and Jeffrey E. Solomon (D).
• Mayor: Jan Cmar (D).
• Tax collector: Josephine Lipnicky (D).
• Borough Council (four open seats, four-year term): David T. Montgomery (R), Vickie Lynn Ielase (D) and Christopher King (D).
Baldwin-Whitehall School District
• School Board (four seats; four-year term, all candidates cross-filed): Thomas V. Barchfeld, Karen L. Brown, David J. Solenday, Nancy Lee Crowder, Richard J. Kirsch, Martin Michael Schmotzer, Margaret Brindle, Patricia Nixon, Dennis Lavelle, Elliot Rambo, Sara Dawes, Diane Shockey and Joan DeGore.
Brentwood Borough School District
• School Board (four seats; four-year term, all candidates cross-filed): Sarah Komlenic, Gary P. Topolosky, Donna J. Werner and Dale W. Johnson.
• School Board (One open seat; two-year term): none.
West Jefferson Hills School District
• School Board (four seats; four-year term, all candidates cross filed): David Graham, Anna Louise Lilley, John F. Hosmer and Carolyn Bourgeois.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hearing set on Baldwin housing complex
- Jefferson Regional Foundation taking applications for grants
- Tiny ‘council’ endorses big changes in Whitehall
- Council approves work on Pleasant Hills shopping center
- Officials remain at odds over Brentwood borough building
- Baldwin officials take step to improve parks
- Richter: Various databases can help library users with health education
- Whitehall Council follows tradition; rotates leadership seats