Cost increases for Brentwood public works facility
The price to construct a public works facility in Brentwood has grown by about $181,473 because of change orders.
Brentwood Council approved 12 of 13 changes associated with the $1.51 million project last month. But the new total cost still is $500,000 less than the borough budgeted for the facility, said borough manager George Zboyovsky.
The only item denied by council was $10,108 for an additional toilet and two urinals for the men's room, Zboyovsky said. Change orders approved include:
• A CoRay Vac heater for the rear half of the garage for $28,306.
• Additional power operators with remotes for overhead garage doors for $14,934.
• Paving the parking lot for $89,666.
In addition, council approved hiring Vitali Alexandrov as the assistant public works director and engineer for a salary of $60,000.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Female mascot makes Baldwin Highlander history
- Young musical writer’s work to be performed at J.E. Harrison Middle School
- South Hills talent at center stage for ‘Chorus Line’ performance
- New law requires Baldwin Borough residents to get permits for large containers
- Baldwin High School latest stop on High School Nation tour
- New food services director hired in Brentwood
- Brentwood considers leasing newly built municipal center
- Whitehall considers reversing alcohol rules
- Facebook friends help Brentwood police
- Baldwin UP planning flea market, dinner
- Plenty of treats for Halloween in South Hills