Several council races in South Hills communities uncontested in primary
Primaries for council seats in Brentwood, Jefferson Hills and Pleasant Hills do not have contested races.
Four council seats out of seven are up for election this year for Brentwood, Jefferson Hills and Pleasant Hills, and the process starts with the May 21 primary.
In Brentwood, John W. Frombach, Jayson Livingston, Elizabeth Ann Schade and Rich Schubert are running uncontested for the four Democratic nominations for council seats. Frombach, Schade and Schubert are incumbents.
Republicans Stephanie Fox and Dean Trent are running uncontested for their party's nominations.
Only three people are running in council primaries in Jefferson Hills, even though four seats are open.
Vickie Lynn Ielase and incumbent Christopher King are running uncontested for Democratic nominations.
Incumbent Republican David T. Montgomery is running uncontested for his party's nomination.
In Pleasant Hills, Regis Brown, Robert Karcher and William D. Trimbath, all incumbents, and Barbara M. Magniotti are running uncontested for Republican nominations for council seats.
Democrat Jeffrey E. Solomon is running uncontested for a his party's nomination for a council seat.
Matthew DeFusco is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-871-2311 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ferris ‘done’ with Baldwin Borough council
- Primary roundup: 2 West Jefferson Hills board members ousted
- Brentwood Council makes it official with new police chief
- South Hills communities to host Memorial Day events
- Whitehall’s ‘Extreme Summer Kick-Off’ set for May 30
- Baldwin-Whitehall preliminary budget has $2.5M deficit
- Baldwin-Whitehall district schedules summer camps
- Taxes to rise in Brentwood Borough School District
- Former wrestling champ tells Brentwood students about making choices