Communications position in West Jefferson Hills eliminated
By Stephanie Hacke
Published: Friday, June 28, 2013, 5:15 p.m.
West Jefferson Hills School District officials say they're taking a new approach for public relations, after eliminating the district's communication consultant position on Thursday night.
Board members approved the elimination of the position in an 8-0 vote.
Board Vice President Shauna D'Alessandro was absent. Mimi Haley has held the position for the last 14 years, though her role has changed during that time, Superintendent Michael Panza said.
Panza said district officials are looking to improve use of technology to communicate with parents and students.
“The technology has been available here and we're not using it to its fullest potential and we'd like to do that,” Panza said.
District officials are considering contracting with a public relations firm, Panza said.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vocal resident banned from all Baldwin-Whitehall district property
- Baldwin EMS assistant chief honored for safety
- Shredding program set in Pleasant Hills
- Thomas Jefferson’s first Mini-THON nets maxi-results
- Baldwin-Whitehall board fires transportation manager
- WJH held drill day before FR incident
- Jefferson Regional volunteers downplay individual achievements
- Baldwin Township charter school plans for enrollment boost
- Baldwin officials think outside the pool
- Baldwin-Whitehall board approves termination of interim cafeteria manager
- Stabbing tragedy prompts districts to re-examine what they would do