Communications position in West Jefferson Hills eliminated
West Jefferson Hills School District officials say they're taking a new approach for public relations, after eliminating the district's communication consultant position on Thursday night.
Board members approved the elimination of the position in an 8-0 vote.
Board Vice President Shauna D'Alessandro was absent. Mimi Haley has held the position for the last 14 years, though her role has changed during that time, Superintendent Michael Panza said.
Panza said district officials are looking to improve use of technology to communicate with parents and students.
“The technology has been available here and we're not using it to its fullest potential and we'd like to do that,” Panza said.
District officials are considering contracting with a public relations firm, Panza said.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Caste Village festival boasts throwback rides
- Baldwin-Whitehall officials aim to stop ‘revolving door’
- Baldwin-Whitehall assistant superintendent lands new contract
- Jefferson Hills’ fall fest in 5th year
- Pleasant Hills sets ordinance banning farm animals
- Bags, food can’t be brought into district facilities under new rules
- Brentwood council seems likely to vote for EMS provider
- Investigator begins review of Brentwood police department