Communications position in West Jefferson Hills eliminated
West Jefferson Hills School District officials say they're taking a new approach for public relations, after eliminating the district's communication consultant position on Thursday night.
Board members approved the elimination of the position in an 8-0 vote.
Board Vice President Shauna D'Alessandro was absent. Mimi Haley has held the position for the last 14 years, though her role has changed during that time, Superintendent Michael Panza said.
Panza said district officials are looking to improve use of technology to communicate with parents and students.
“The technology has been available here and we're not using it to its fullest potential and we'd like to do that,” Panza said.
District officials are considering contracting with a public relations firm, Panza said.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Issues surround apartment complex
- Noise from private practice track irks Baldwin Borough residents
- Council considers dog area at Baldwin Borough park
- Impact of cuts won’t be known right away
- Nepali volunteers get tickets for Baldwin musical
- County to improve Old Clairton stretch
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Read a magazine on your phone with Zinio
- Whitehall pool hours extended
- Baldwin-Whitehall schools to offer early retirements
- Programs on tap to celebrate Pleasant Hills Public Library’s 70th anniversary