Baldwin officials to seek bids for covering at municipal building entrance
Residents headed to a meeting at the Baldwin Township municipal building soon will stay dry as they make their way inside.
Township engineer Glenn Jonnet is preparing bid documents for a covering that will go above the sidewalk at the upper entrance to the municipal building, Manager Rob Zahorchak said.
“We're just really trying to enhance the entrance way and provide a covering for folks,” Zahorchak said. “Right now, you have to run from your cars to get inside when it's raining or snowing.”
The township received a $19,000 grant from Allegheny County Economic Development in the spring for the project, Zahorchak said.
Township officials plan to advertise for bids this month, the manager said. A bid opening is scheduled for Oct. 8. Construction will start shortly there after.
The covering will be about 15 feet in length and cover the sidewalk area, Zahorchak said.
Halloween plans set
The annual Baldwin Township Halloween parade is scheduled for Oct. 27 from 1 to 2 p.m.
The parade will go from the municipal building, 10 Community Park Drive, to the Armstrong Park pavilion.
Trick-or-treating will be held Oct. 31 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered