Halloween activities on tap for local communities
Here's the list for Baldwin Borough, Baldwin Township, Brentwood, Pleasant Hills, Jefferson Hills and Whitehall.
• Baldwin Borough: trick or treating is scheduled for Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Baldwin Township: trick or treating is scheduled on Oct. 31 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The township Halloween parade will be on Oct. 27, from 1 to 2 p.m. It will begin at the municipal building, 10 Community Park Drive, and end at the Armstrong Park pavilion.
• Brentwood: trick or treat is Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Pleasant Hills: trick or treat is scheduled for Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
The annual Lions Club Halloween parade is scheduled for Oct. 29 beginning at 7 p.m.
Participants should arrive at Audrey Drive next to the Pleasant Hills Presbyterian Church promptly at 6:30 p.m.
• Jefferson Hills: Trick or Treat is scheduled for Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Whitehall: trick or treat is scheduled for Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Caste Village Spooktacular will be held on Oct. 26 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the shopping center, located at the intersection of Weyman, Baptist and Grove roads in Whitehall.
The event will include pumpkin painting, hay rides, trick or treating and costume contests.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Whitehall man plans rally to raise awareness of addiction, overdoses
- Brentwood officials committed to leveling municipal building
- Child-care services in works at West Jefferson Hills
- Jefferson Regional Foundation awards grants
- Brentwood officials plan rules for overgrown trees
- Bridge replacement to close section of Streets Run in Baldwin Borough
- Police investigating Baldwin Borough shooting