Officers re-elected to West Jefferson Hills School Board
Anthony Angotti was re-elected president of the West Jefferson Hills School Board at the Dec. 3 reorganizational meeting, and Shauna D'Alessandro and Carolyn Bourgeois were re-elected vice presidents.
In addition, newly elected school director John Hosmer accepted the oath of office alongside incumbents Bourgeois, Dr. David Graham and Anna Lilley.
School directors have taken committee assignments for the new year. The lineup is:
• Athletic/student activities committee members — Alan Caponi, chairman; Bourgeois and Graham. Advisers are Michael Panza, superintendent, and Bill Cherpak.
• Education/Technology members — Marianne Neel, chairwoman; D'Alessandro and Darlene Schreiber. Advisers are Suhail Balock and Panza.
• Facilities/Renovations members — Bourgeois, chairwoman; Angotti and Hosmer. Advisers are Tracy Harris and Panza.
• Finance committee members — D'Alessandro, chairwoman; Caponi; and Hosmer. Advisers are Harris and Panza.
• Personnel committee members — Marianne Neel, chairwoman; D'Alessandro; and Anna Louise Lilley. The adviser is Panza.
• Policy committee members — Schreiber, chairwoman; Angotti and Lilley. The adviser is Panza.
The directors listed here are appointed representatives to these organizations:
• South Hills Area School Districts Association, SHASDA — Bourgeois.
• Pennsylvania School Boards Association, or PSBA — Neel.
• Steel Center Area Vocational Technical School — Angotti and Caponi, alternate.
• Southeastern Area Special Schools: Angotti and Caponi, alternate.
• Act 32: Lilley and Caponi, alternate.
The next board work session is Jan. 21 at 7:30 p.m. The regular meeting is Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. All meetings take place at Thomas Jefferson High School, 310 Old Clairton Road, Jefferson Hills.
Dona S. Dreeland is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.