Officers re-elected to West Jefferson Hills School Board
By Dona Dreeland
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Anthony Angotti was re-elected president of the West Jefferson Hills School Board at the Dec. 3 reorganizational meeting, and Shauna D'Alessandro and Carolyn Bourgeois were re-elected vice presidents.
In addition, newly elected school director John Hosmer accepted the oath of office alongside incumbents Bourgeois, Dr. David Graham and Anna Lilley.
School directors have taken committee assignments for the new year. The lineup is:
• Athletic/student activities committee members — Alan Caponi, chairman; Bourgeois and Graham. Advisers are Michael Panza, superintendent, and Bill Cherpak.
• Education/Technology members — Marianne Neel, chairwoman; D'Alessandro and Darlene Schreiber. Advisers are Suhail Balock and Panza.
• Facilities/Renovations members — Bourgeois, chairwoman; Angotti and Hosmer. Advisers are Tracy Harris and Panza.
• Finance committee members — D'Alessandro, chairwoman; Caponi; and Hosmer. Advisers are Harris and Panza.
• Personnel committee members — Marianne Neel, chairwoman; D'Alessandro; and Anna Louise Lilley. The adviser is Panza.
• Policy committee members — Schreiber, chairwoman; Angotti and Lilley. The adviser is Panza.
The directors listed here are appointed representatives to these organizations:
• South Hills Area School Districts Association, SHASDA — Bourgeois.
• Pennsylvania School Boards Association, or PSBA — Neel.
• Steel Center Area Vocational Technical School — Angotti and Caponi, alternate.
• Southeastern Area Special Schools: Angotti and Caponi, alternate.
• Act 32: Lilley and Caponi, alternate.
The next board work session is Jan. 21 at 7:30 p.m. The regular meeting is Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. All meetings take place at Thomas Jefferson High School, 310 Old Clairton Road, Jefferson Hills.
Dona S. Dreeland is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Brentwood’s school resource officer a multitask facilitator
- Baldwin police seeking two men suspected in robbery
- Baldwin Borough Community Day isn’t what it used to be