Brentwood officials pledge to work together
They pledged to work together for the betterment of the community and carry on the traditions that make Brentwood a strong community, all while striving to move the borough forward.
Brentwood's recently elected council members and Mayor Dennis Troy were sworn into office Monday night.
John Frombach, Rich Schubert and Dean Trent were elected in November to four-year terms on council. Dr. Robert Pasquantonio was elected to a two-year term on council. Ann Schade, who was elected to a four-year term, was absent Monday.
Being a Brentwood resident is a point of pride for both newly elected officials and incumbents, they said.
“I'm very, very proud to say, not only am I from Brentwood, but I live in Brentwood,” said Troy, a Republican.
Troy, who has been known throughout his life as “the Brentwood guy,” said he will keep party affiliations aside and work with all council members.
“What matters is that we all care about Brentwood,” Troy said.
Marty Vickless was appointed council president on Monday by his colleagues for 2014. Frombach was appointed as vice president and Schubert as president pro-tem.
Committee appointments include:
• Administration and finance — Trent, chairperson; Pat Carnevale, vice chairperson; Pasquantonio, committeeman.
• Parks and recreation — Frombach, chairperson; Trent, vice chairperson; Schubert, committeeman.
• Public safety — Carnevale, chairperson; Trent, vice chairperson; Pasquantonio, committeeman.
• Public works — Schubert, chairperson; Frombach, vice chairperson; Schade, committeewoman.
• Zoning and planning — Schade, chairperson; Schubert, vice chairperson; Frombach, chairman.
• Community affairs — Pasquantonio, chairperson; Carnevale, vice chairperson; Schade, committee woman.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.