Whitehall development scheduled for completion
The construction of 55 town houses in the next several months will complete a Whitehall housing development that debuted at least three decades ago.
Whitehall Council unanimously approved plans at their Aug. 20 meeting for the final phase of the Steeplechase housing development.
“It's been many years in the making,” borough engineer Ruthann Omer said.
The final phase includes units all along one side of the street connecting Caste Drive with Lantern Hill extension.
A variance was granted by the borough's zoning heard board to build the town houses closer to the road, developer Dan Caste said. Planning commission members and Whitehall council members raised questions about the 14 required visitor parking spaces for the new construction area.
The location likely will change based on where utilities are located, Caste said.
Stephanie Hacke is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Official: Buyer expected soon
- Bill Clinton to campaign in Pittsburgh for Pa. gubernatorial candidate
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Clairton residents share concerns over sewage bills