Police arrest 2 more in June slaying of Verona man in McKees Rocks
Allegheny County police on Monday arrested two teenagers in connection with a fatal shooting in McKees Rocks.
Police arrested Lavar Whitely and Dimitri Humphrey, who are both 15 years-old, for the June 15 slaying of Scott King, 19, of Penn Hills. Police found King slumped over the wheel of a vehicle along White Alley about 2 a.m. with a gunshot wound to his torso. He was transported to Allegheny General Hospital, where he died.
Police arrested Whitely and charged him an adult with homicide, robbery, conspiracy and weapons violations. Police said he had been in a juvenile detention facility on unrelated charges, but will be moved to the Allegheny County Jail to await his arraignment.
Humphrey was arrested in Fort Worth, Tex. on the same charges. He is being held at a facility in Texas while he awaits extradition hearings.
Police last week arrested Christopher West, 18, of McKees Rocks on the same charges. West is being held at the Allegheny County Jail without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well