Police arrest 2 more in June slaying of Verona man in McKees Rocks
Allegheny County police on Monday arrested two teenagers in connection with a fatal shooting in McKees Rocks.
Police arrested Lavar Whitely and Dimitri Humphrey, who are both 15 years-old, for the June 15 slaying of Scott King, 19, of Penn Hills. Police found King slumped over the wheel of a vehicle along White Alley about 2 a.m. with a gunshot wound to his torso. He was transported to Allegheny General Hospital, where he died.
Police arrested Whitely and charged him an adult with homicide, robbery, conspiracy and weapons violations. Police said he had been in a juvenile detention facility on unrelated charges, but will be moved to the Allegheny County Jail to await his arraignment.
Humphrey was arrested in Fort Worth, Tex. on the same charges. He is being held at a facility in Texas while he awaits extradition hearings.
Police last week arrested Christopher West, 18, of McKees Rocks on the same charges. West is being held at the Allegheny County Jail without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens again fail to mount comeback against Nashville
- Tennessee’s Peterman to enroll at Pitt in May
- Petrishen at ease with decision to play football at Penn State
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Pittsburgh Street in Cheswick to remain closed Monday
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Homemade hockey rink popular in Lower Burrell
- Tighter payday loan rules intended to shield debtors
- PSNK men’s basketball team loses 5th in a row
- Iraqi libraries ransacked
- Flash!: ‘Out of the Ark’ exhibit