Police arrest 2 more in June slaying of Verona man in McKees Rocks
Published: Monday, October 8, 2012, 12:38 p.m.
Updated: Monday, October 8, 2012
Allegheny County police on Monday arrested two teenagers in connection with a fatal shooting in McKees Rocks.
Police arrested Lavar Whitely and Dimitri Humphrey, who are both 15 years-old, for the June 15 slaying of Scott King, 19, of Penn Hills. Police found King slumped over the wheel of a vehicle along White Alley about 2 a.m. with a gunshot wound to his torso. He was transported to Allegheny General Hospital, where he died.
Police arrested Whitely and charged him an adult with homicide, robbery, conspiracy and weapons violations. Police said he had been in a juvenile detention facility on unrelated charges, but will be moved to the Allegheny County Jail to await his arraignment.
Humphrey was arrested in Fort Worth, Tex. on the same charges. He is being held at a facility in Texas while he awaits extradition hearings.
Police last week arrested Christopher West, 18, of McKees Rocks on the same charges. West is being held at the Allegheny County Jail without bond.
- New York mayoral candidate Weiner uses Pittsburgh as backdrop
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Senators notebook: Anderson will remain in goal
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Corbett signs bill naming 31st Street Bridge after Millvale war hero
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Tarentum man charged with Tuesday’s bank robbery in Harrison
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.